Some fun and interesting facts about car insurance.
With the holidays upon us, many of us will find ourselves at dinner parties or holiday events in need of conversation starters. Understandably, we prefer to talk of auto insurance! It's been around for over 100 years, so there is a lot to talk about! In looking through many sources, we've put together some of the more interesting facts about car insurance today. We take no "LIABILITY" for the geek out (just couldn't resist):
- Travelers Insurance wrote the first car insurance liability policy in 1897.
- Some US states like Texas have larger insurance markets than entire countries such as Brazil and Sweden.
- Toyota Sienna has one of the lowest premiums compared to all other cars.
- The internet allowed for premiums to decrease dramatically because now we can easily compare quotes.
- Married Discount is given because research shows married drivers have less accidents.
- Credit rating can affect your premium as much as a past ticket or accident.
- Research shows people with no tickets or accidents live longer on average.
- Month to Month premium is higher because the insurance company sees it as a higher risk.
- Transfer discounts are great, so establish a good payment history before shopping around.
- High risk drivers make up 22% of all auto insurance policies written.
There, you are now armed with starters for the awkward moments. Use them wisely, for talk is cheap - insurance can be too!
STAY SAFE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!